About Ingersoll Rand Air Compressors - Company Overview, Prices and Reviews-->
Known around the globe for their quality, reliable products, Ingersoll Rand is committed to technological innovation and empowering their customers to do their best work with the best equipment they can find. While the company designs a wide variety of industrial products, Ingersoll Rand air compressors are their most notable offering.
Ingersoll Rand is a market leading brand that provides equipment to customers all over the world, whether it be the commercial and industrial marketplaces, or to people at home. They produce a variety of air compressors and air tools to help you get the job done. Ingersoll Rand air compressors are utilized in the auto repair, construction, and manufacturing industries for their dependability and durability.
The Types of Ingersoll Rand Air Compressors
Ingersoll Rand produces three main styles of air compressor.
- Centrifugal Compressors: With the acquisition of the former Centrifugal Compression division of Cameron International, Ingersoll Rand has been able to expand their line of centrifugal air compressors to include the TURBO-AIR and MSG product lines. These new compressor product lines, in addition to their existing lines, leave Ingersoll Rand with a large selection of high-flow, high-pressure centrifugal air compressors.
- Reciprocating Air Compressors: Perfectly balanced on the line of classic performance and innovation, Ingersoll Rand is able to produce high-quality, best in class reciprocating air compressors. The Ingersoll Rand lines of reciprocating compressors are known for their reliability and endurance in the face of most applications. With various configurations to choose from based on your needs and lower life cycle costs, Ingersoll Rand's reciprocating air compressors can help with nearly anything you need.
- Rotary Screw Compressors: Rotary screw compressors work through a displacement principle; the screw compression element's main parts use male and female rotors that move towards each other as the volume between the rotors and the housing decreases. The form of the discharge port, as well as the length and profile of the screw, determine the screw's pressure ration. Because there are no mechanical forces or valves to create an imbalance, rotary screw compressors can provide a small exterior with a large flow rate and work at high shaft speeds. Ingersoll Rand offers both oil-flooded and oil-free rotary screw compressors. With regular maintenance, oil-flooded compressors can last for years and are highly durable. Consider the type of work you will be performing before deciding between oil-flooded and oil-free.
Free Air Compressor Quotes From Top Dealers!
Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor Pricing
Rates may vary by dealer, but more goes into determining the cost of your Ingersoll Rand air compressor. Added accessories, horsepower, and style all factor in, but the greatest determinant will be the tank size.
- Ingersoll Rand Twin-Stack Portable Electric Air Compressor, 2 HP, 4-gallon, 4.3 CFM at 90 psi, 5.3 CFM at 40 psi, 120V, price range: $250 to $300
- Ingersoll Rand Garage Mate Portable Electric Air Compressor, 2 HP, 20-gallon vertical, 5.5 CFM at 90 psi, max 135 psi, price range: $550 to $600
- Ingersoll Rand Gas Portable Air Compressor, 5.5 HP, 8-gallon horizontal twin, 11.8 CFM at 90 psi, Honda GX160 engine, max 135 psi, price range: $950 to $1,000
- Ingersoll Rand Type-30 Reciprocating Air Compressor, 5 HP, 80-gallon vertical, stationary, 460V, 3-phase, 14.1 CFM at 175 psi, price range: $1,600 to $1,700
- Ingersoll Rand Gas Air Compressor, 14 HP, 30-gallon horizontal, stationary, 24.3 CFM at 90 psi, max 175 psi, price range: $2,000 to $2,100
- Ingersoll Rand Type-30 Reciprocating Air Compressor, 10 HP, 120-gallon horizontal, stationary, 200V, 3-phase, max 175 psi, price range: $3,000 to $3,500
- Ingersoll Rand Electric Stationary Air Compressor, 10 HP, 120-gallon vertical, 35 CFM at 175 psi, 460V, 3-phase, max 175 psi, price range: $4,500 to $5,000
- Ingersoll Rand Rotary Screw Compressor w/Total Air System, 10 HP, 80-gallon horizontal, stationary, 460V, 3-phase, 10 HP, 38 CFM, price range: $8,500 to $9,000
Keep in mind that oil-free and oil-less models will add to your costs. In some cases, you can expect to pay three times as much for any oil-free or oil-less model compared to the price of a lubricated unit.
Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor Reviews
Critics praise Ingersoll Rand air compressors for durability and reliable performance as well as high manufacturing standards and long life. The manufacturer has a reputation for creating tough, durable power tools that last for years.
Author: Angela Escobar